Terms and Conditions
The very important small print
Please ensure you read and understand the following terms and conditions before booking with Tengboche Trekking
- The term “Tengboche Trekking” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of this website, whose registered office is Burnside Cottage, Balmblae, Falkland, Fife KY15 7BS, Scotland.
- The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website and any person who engages or proposes to engage us for trekking services or holidays.
Terms and Conditions of your use of this website
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we, nor any third parties, provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website, and any dispute arising out of such use, is governed by the laws of Scotland and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of and situated in Scotland in relation to any such dispute.
Terms and Conditions of your engagement with us
- All efforts will be made to run all treks but, in the rare event of a cancellation by Tengboche Trekking, due to unforeseen circumstances, all trek fees paid to Tengboche Trekking will be refunded in full. This is the limit of our liability.
- Minimum numbers may apply to some treks and, in the event of a trek not meeting the minimum, it may be cancelled at our discretion, therefore adequate insurance is recommended for all participants. This should include luggage, travel costs, accident cover and loss of personal equipment.
- Tengboche Trekking will not be held liable for any loss, damage or theft of luggage or personal belongings, personal injury, accident or loss, howsoever caused.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your personal insurance covers you for trekking in the Solu Khumbu region of Nepal, as this is vital for obtaining a pass into the National Park (2 passport sized photos must be provided). This insurance must include medical coverage, air ambulance and helicopter rescue services.
- Please ensure that you are physically suited and have the correct equipment for each trek, as no refunds will be offered once the trek has commenced. It shall be your responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website, meet your specific requirements.
- A deposit of 20% will secure your place on a trek and is non-refundable. The balance must be paid, in full, no less than 60 days prior to commencement of the scheduled trek. If it is not paid by that date, we reserve the right to cancel your booking. Cancellation charges are as follows :
• 60 days or more : the deposit
• 31 – 59 days : 50% of the cost of the trek
• 30 days or less : 100% of the cost of the trek
- You acknowledge that the cancellation fees set forth in these Terms and Conditions are a reasonable reflection of the losses we may incur in the event of your cancellation and that we are relying upon your acknowledgment in entering into these Terms and Conditions with you.
- You acknowledge that travel on a Tengboche Trekking trip requires a degree of flexibility, and understand that the route, accommodation and modes of transport are subject to change without notice due to local circumstances.
- Should Tengboche Trekking deem it advisable to amend an itinerary for any reason, it may do so by shortening, varying or re-routing any trip. These changes are binding and additional expenses will be charged to you if the reason for any alteration either is outside the control of Tengboche Trekking or otherwise reasonably necessary to ensure the health, safety, comfort or convenience of any one or more participants.
- Without limiting any other clause in these Terms or Conditions, some things are outside our control and we will not be held liable for changes to locations, itineraries, accommodation or schedules due to adverse weather, road closures, breakdowns or other unforeseen circumstances. It is recommended that you allow adequate time in Kathmandu before and after your trek, as the weather can affect the flight in and out of Lukla.
- Due to adverse weather conditions, your flight or drive may be delayed or cancelled. We are not liable for any compensation or any extra cost incurred on the trip, but will assist to make any alternative arrangements.
- It is the participant’s responsibility to be at Kathmandu airport at the agreed time. We will be as flexible as possible with regards to late arrivals but will adhere to the tour schedules and will not be held liable for any loss or damage suffered by any participant as a result of their late arrival.
- Every effort will be made to complete the treks. This is not always possible as the safety and comfort of the group is the number one priority.
- No unruly, offensive, culturally insensitive or defiant behaviour will be tolerated. The question of whether your behaviour is unruly, offensive, culturally insensitive or defiant shall be determined wholly in our discretion. In the event of such behaviour by you, we reserve the right to immediately cease, suspend or limit your participation in the trek without any refund payable to you. For the avoidance of doubt, and without limitation, any failure or refusal by you to abide by and comply with any reasonable direction given by us or our contractors shall constitute defiant behaviour.
- Each person must carry a valid passport and the appropriate visa for Nepal.
- When booking on a Tengboche Trekking trip, you understand that Tengboche Trekking runs treks where accommodation, transport, safety, hygiene, telecommunication facilities, level of infrastructure and medical facilities are not the same as those you are used to at home, or would expect to find on a conventional holiday. This type of trip inherently involves a level of personal risk, which you agree to fully assume.
- You understand that, during the course of the trip, certain events may occur, including, but not limited to, accident or illness in remote places without medical facilities, and the consequences of the vagaries of the local environment. You agree to assume all risks associated with the trip.
- While travelling with Tengboche Trekking, you agree to accept the authority of the trip leader or local operator at all times. You are aware that travel within a group may involve compromise to accommodate the diverse desires and physical abilities of group members. You understand that Tengboche Trekking reserves the right to decline, accept or retain any person as a member of the group at any time.
- You acknowledge that Tengboche Trekking contracts with a network of companies, government agencies and individuals to assist in the running of its treks. There is no relationship of employment or agency between Tengboche Trekking and these third parties. To the best of Tengboche Trekking’s knowledge, these third parties are qualified to perform the duties they are contracted to carry out, however, Tengboche Trekking will not be held liable for any injury, damage, loss, delay or irregularity which may occur due to the behaviour of these third parties. Notwithstanding anything in these terms and conditions, Tengboche Trekking does not otherwise hold these third parties out as qualified to perform the duties they are contracted to carry out.
- Participants must be in good health and physical condition. It is vital that participants with pre-existing medical conditions make these known to Tengboche Trekking at the time of booking. Medical and evacuation expenses are the responsibility of the participant. It is also important that you consult a doctor for vaccination and other medical requirements for your trip before you depart. Tengboche Trekking reserves the right to require a medical certificate prior to booking your trip or departure.
- Any optional activities or excursions that you may choose to book are not the responsibility of Tengboche Trekking.
- If there is a price increase that we have to pay, which is enforced upon us and over which we have no control (for example, an increase in trekking fees, porter or guide wages or entry fees to the national park), any additional costs will be added to your total trek cost. If you do not wish to accept this increase, you have the right to cancel and receive a partial refund. The amount of your refund shall be calculated by reference to the portion of your trek you have not, at the time of cancellation, completed (expressed as a fraction) multiplied by the amount paid by you to Tengboche Trekking.
- No part of these Terms and Conditions shall be interpreted against our interests merely by virtue of the fact that the Terms and Conditions are prepared and/or proffered by us.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be interpreted so as to comply with the laws of Scotland.
- If any part of the Terms and Conditions contained herein is void for any reason, or otherwise unenforceable, that part is to be read down or severed without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remaining part.
- By booking with Tengboche Trekking, you agree to be immediately bound by these terms and conditions without qualification.
- Tengboche Trekking may only waive its rights and interests under this agreement by clear and express waiver in writing. This clause applies notwithstanding any words or conduct by Tengboche Trekking that might amount to the waiver of any right or interest under these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions, and any dispute arising out of or in connection with them (including issues involving their existence, validity or enforceability) shall be governed by the laws of Scotland, and you agree that in the event of any such dispute, you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of and situated in Scotland.